Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Site

Hey Hey everyone!

This week we got our site assignments for our permanent locations. I am going to be in a small village of about 3,000 people in the southern part of the country. The village is in the Cantemir raion and is about 136 km from the Chisinau. I am expecting it to be a bit more...rustic...than my current location, but I did read that I am going to have an indoor toilet! My host familiy includes two 40 year old parents and an 18 year old sister who is a university student (so I don't know if she will actually live at home or not).

I am going on a site visit on Saturday (just one night) so that I can meet my new host family and school director. I have to admit that I am a bit nervous about it since my language skills are minimal (and that's on a good day!) but I am excited to see where I am going to be living. I will try to give an update when I get back.

I have my first language evaluation tomorrow, so I am off to study my limba romana now.

3 comments:

  1. eighteen year old sister???? I definately need to come visit now ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my darling! Sounds like things are coming along well for you so far... Cant wait to hear how your settling in to your permanent location! Mwah mwah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your update. Glad that you are doing well and enjoying your work; I'm not surprised. You are making a positive contribution. How cool is that???

    ReplyDelete